Re: Power Slot

From: Brian Tong (thedude807@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 12:03:49 EDT

It's the old saying "garbage in, garbage out". It's been my experience that
slotted/drilled rotors really don't make a lick of difference on a
street/track car (or truck) anyway. Braking power comes from quality pads
and total swept area. Staying with a stock sized rotor that is crossdrilled
or whatever is purely cosmetic.

Ok, I'v got my flame retardent suit on, so anyone who disagrees may fire at
will.

As for the Raybestos, I'v never had any problems with them. I'v seen light
cars with softer pads get 2 or even three turns out of them before they get
below spec.