RE: Cruise Control with MP PCM?

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 13:04:11 EDT

Cruise is run by a separate cable linked to a vacuum actuator under the
hood. The actuator is wired into the harness but I'm not sure about
being wired into the PCM. I don't see any need for it to be. Maybe you
move the harness under the hood enough to pop the plug loose going to
the actuator (on the firewall right next to the round vacuum canister).
I would also check to see if the vacuum canister still has a small line
going through a tee to the actuator or if the vacuum line has any cracks
in it. My guess would be you pulled something, or bumped it, and it did
something there. The only other thing is did you disconnect the battery?
If you didn't you could have blown a fuse for the cruise for shorted the
actuator or the switch.

Jeff Durling