Re: Installing a Power Seat

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 03 2003 - 19:26:54 EDT

Hi Robt
     I wanted a pow dr seat on mine too but decided against the cost. The
install task is not especially difficult. the factory wiring harness on
non-power seat cabs has no pow seat provision whatever. What's required includes:

1. The complete pow seat double track, motor, switch, gear mechanism. This
is a total replacement of your existing manual seat track on the driver's side
2. The wiring harness from the power source
3. The circuit breaker (not a fuse) at the power source
4. minor plastic trim on the switch (outside) side

When I researched this back in 2000 the Mopar retail was around $500.

I'd recommend you check with junk yards that specialize as many do now in
wrecked SUV's. Ask for any Durango, ideally the same year as your Dakota,
w/power driver seat and removal of the complete setup. They sold a gazillion
Durangos with this option and the parts are the same. You should be able to get
the works for maybe 20% of new retail

Paul Sahlin