RE: Power Slot

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 10:33:33 EDT

Not really. :-) I believe a high end sports car is designed to be driven at
high speeds on winding, hilly roads (for maximum enjoyment :-) ), which
would require brakes capable of repeated, heavy application without fading.
I suspect the slotted/drilled rotors would dissipate heat better in these
conditions.

> I've been running the Powerslots for well over two years without any
> problems - with Raybestos PG-Plus pads. They DO stop better and don't
> show the signs of overheating that my old (OEM) rotors did.
>
> - Bernd

I think the powerslots look great. I believe the point Brian and I were
trying to make is that for most people who simply want better than stock
brakes, the powerslots are an unnecessary expense. A high quality
rotor/pad combination, such as Raybestos/PG-Plus, is a less expensive
solution with braking performance well above stock. Mine certainly work
well both on the street with a bed full of race gear and at the track with
stops from 100+ mph. No fade or drama at all! :-)

RayB