Re: Cruise Control with MP PCM? The answer to the puzzle

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 13:17:29 EDT

Thanks to a fellow DML'er, I have discovered the answer to this problem.
With a manual transmission, the Park/Neutral line must be disconnected from
the PCM. When I installed the engine, I had to use a wiring harness from an
automatic and make some modifications. In order for the truck to start, this
line, or the starter relay itself, must be grounded. However the line into
the PCM must not be grounded. I had tied both to a ground point on the inner
fender. Simply by removing the connection to the PCM, my cruise control now
works. Apparently with a stock PCM this is not a problem, but this PCM is
used for both auto and manual transmissions. Thanks to all the people who
replied and helped me out with this. Special thanks to Gregg S. who
experienced the same problem quite some time ago, and was able to steer me
in the right direction.

""BlackDak93"" <stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> I recently installed a used MP PCM on my '93 Dak. Now my cruise control
> doesn't work. I know plenty of you here run a MP PCM so can anyone tell
me,
> is the cruise not programmed into the MP PCM or does mine just not work?
I'm