Re: Re: Re: Cruise Control with MP PCM? The answer to the puzzle

From: BlackDak93 (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 11:41:11 EDT

No, I don't need, or want, a clutch switch. As long as I keep the starter
relay side of the line grounded, which I did, the truck will start and all
is well. Essentially what I had was two separate lines terminated at a
ground point. This was according to the original schematic diagrams. With
the manual transmission, I just don't need the line running into the PCM so
I disconnected that side of it. Now everything is happy. The truck starts,
and the PCM doesn't think the truck is in Park all the time, so my cruise
control now works.