Re: NOW: XM Question WAS:Trading for a 2003 Ram

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 11:58:25 EDT

I have had a Pioneer XM tuner attached to the cd changer jack on my Pioneer
am fm cd deck in my 99 R/T for over a year and I love it. The fidelity of
the sound is much better tnan a fm station and there is never any static or
hiss at any time since the signal is pure digital. Being able to select a
station based on format and a widely vaired selection at that is great also.
I get a little over 100 channels for 9.95 a month. they will bill you
monthly, quarterly or anually as you request. They charge it to my Visa
card so i dont have to fool with another bill to pay. The only time I loose
signal is under an overpass and if you are driving along the interruption
usually is about 1 second only. I get reception even in my garage. The
antenna I have is a magnetic mount and you can stick it anywhere that it can
see the sky. It does not have to be on the rood but that is where many put
it. If you have no bed cover it would probably work in the center of the
bed floor. If you use a modulator to send the signal through your fm tuner
you loose the totally quiet signal quality, limit the frequency response to
that of an fm radio and are now dealing with an analog signal. I can tell
the difference and I have a very high end system in my Dak with 9 speakers
driven by 2 amps and it sounds real good and can play louder than i can
stand. You can check out the XM radio website for a lot of informion and
sample the service if you have sound on your computer.
http://www.xmradio.com/