Re: Hawk Pads

From: UncleDuke (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 20:54:46 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:
> Thanks Greg, I'll probably end up getting them from tire rack. I was
> looking for the part number (they dont' display it) so that I could check
> for a possibly lower price.
>
> Which leave the dust? the Hawk or Raybestos? I'm putting the Hawks on the
> front and probably the raybestos on the rears....drums don't dust. I wash
> my truck usually 2-3 times/week so dust on wheels isn't really that big of
> an issue as long as it's not funny colored.

No problem.. The Hawks leave the dust.. Not bad, it's actually a dark
grey/black dust. All it takes me is a couple of laps around LRP and the
front rims(have rear drums too) are filthy.. When I was replacing the
front pads I was going to use EBC GreenStuff pads but they couldn't be
found anywhere in the US at the time so I went with the Hawks..

Greg