Lite'n Boltz, Painless Wiring, and 180 t-stat

From: Gregg (GTOmo@onlineracin.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 21:52:21 EDT

Recently purchased some Lite'n Boltz to light my rear license plate with my
Lund roll pan on the advice of some members, thanks for the great tip. They
worked out beautifully. The wires that come with them are a bit on the
short side, but nothing that can't be dealt with.

Painless Wiring sent me a universal kit to wire up the fog lights so they
shut off with the high beams. Included a relay, switch and a lot of wires.
The kit worked out great. After some further investigation in the dash and
wiring diagrams, I found a violet wire that was not hooked up on the
steering column and did some reading and testing, low and behold, it is the
wire for the fog lights to operate per state regulations. I did not even
really need the kit, oh well. I was under the impression that the 92 did
not have a factory fog light option, but evidently they did.

Lastly, emissions and 180 t-stat. Here is my experience, not sure about
others, this is just what I had happen. I did not pass emissions with my 92
V6, with msd ignition, k&n filter and stant 180 t-stat. The computer said
that I did not pass the test that tests the EGR. Well, after 2 hours of
diagnosis by the mechanic, the engine was not getting hot enough to activate
the EGR, put in the 195 degree one and presto, pass emissions. Plus the
truck runs a heck of alot better. The mechanic also dumped in some BG gas
treatment, 44k I think it was, and that seemed to help bring back some pep.

that is all,

Gregg
92 V6 CC