Re: Power Slot

From: Ed Buxton (flamin_red_dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 21:51:23 EDT

Could it be that the slotted and drilled rotors allow
the dust to escape rather than be compressed into
the rotor.

As for my experience, I had my oil changed and the
dealer threw in a free tire rotation. I was around
10,500 miles and not a problem with the brakes. After
the service, within a day, I got the infamous front
brake pulsating. Took it back and they diagnosed it
as warped rotors and replaced them under warranty.
I discussed the root cause of the warpage with the
service writer and he basically said it happens on
Dakota's. He would have nothing of my suggestion that
the mechanic over tightened or improperly tightened
the lugs.