Re: Re: Honda commercial...THE BEST EVER!

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 01:58:32 EDT

No, Honda won't...but the public will. And I'm going to use your Intel
example to prove it. Yes, Intel spent that kind of money on marketing, and
it paid off big time. They used blue men, aliens, and guys dancing in
aluminum foil suits to market A LOGO. And then they gave the PC
manufactures incentives for putting the intel logo on theyre systems. So by
simple brand recognition their marketing strategy paid off.

But heres the big thing......

In not ONE ad, did they mention ANYTHING about the chips performance. The
general public was so saturated with the Intel logo advertising, that they
automaticly assumed it was a better processor for their PC, not looking at
one benchmark test comparing it to AMD, Cyrix, or even Motorola....(in
reality the intels were far from superrior)

My point is, an advertising campaign can do so much more than it's main
intent. A good advertising firm knows this, and can put an ad out that not
only produces the intent it's client want, but will also produce effects far
greater than intended. Its all psychological, and very powerfull. Thats
why theres so much hype over the honda ad, and honda will probably make 10
fold whatever their investment was. I just cant swallow the 6 mill price
tag.

--
Gary Hedlin
President