Re: Honda commercial...THE BEST EVER!

From: John_Neff@Dell.com
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 11:19:21 EDT

<snip>
That's just the nature of the "grapevine" :-) Unless you get your info
directly from the source, you can't be sure how many changes its gone
through. Ever play the "post office" game in grade school? Well, muliply
that by the Internet, and its amazing when we can get
ANY correct info! :-)
<unsnip>

Which is a more direct way of making one of my points. The story keeps
changing even though it's coming from multiple "reliable" news sources. One
place admitted there was ONE CGI section. Who's to say there weren't more
but the hype kept cutting away at the story until we were left with the
story of the whole thing being real?

Another point I found in one of the stories. It said the part with the wind
milling wiper blade only worked one time, then never again. Never again? You
mean they did more takes after that one and not once did they have the whole
sequence run successfully? And before anyone says that was the last take
they made, this would also mean they tried 606 times to get less than 1/3 of
the way through the sequence. Sorry, no way. They would have changed the
layout to get something that worked long before then. That implies to me
that the commercial was spliced from various takes where some things worked,
and others didn't. Editing is nothing more than film manipulation which
means the commercial did not happen as depicted.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html