Re: RE: Re: New truck is in, how do you take radio bezel off, gold ke y plus?

From: Droo (03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 17:52:19 EDT

Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) wrote:

>Hey Josh, that doesn't apply on the 2001+ models....the entire IP has a
>cover, not just the center stack area. You are correct that they are
>snap-fit connectors.
>
>Patrick, start at the driver's side with the door open and gently pull the
>cover off. I believe there are two connectors at the end, so don't just pull
>from the middle of the cover :) There may be two screws under the brow that
>covers the instrument cluster, do a quick glance before.
>
>Then, the radio has a whopping 2 screws :) It was very simple and didn't
>take but 30 minutes which includes the learning curve on the snap-fit
>connectors. Just take you time and you'll get it.

You almost have it right. There are two screws above the cluster like
you said. But first you have to take the knee bolster off. Three torx
screws. I have a schematic from Crutchfield. I can scan it and email it
along. Crutchfield says they are T20's but I used a T15 and it worked
perfect. The screws above the cluster are philips. Can't figure out why
the bother with torx. Pry around the edges to get the snap connectors
out. Tilt the dash back and disconnect all the cables. I left the
headlight connector on. Looked to be a pain the butt. Then work it out
from around the steering collumn. That is the hardest part. Just be real
gentle about it. My radio had 4 screws. It's easy to deal with. When you
put the dash back on, make sure those connectors line up. I had one at
the bottom below the climate controls slide intoa crack instead of the
hole it belongs. I think it took me 30 minutes to install my radio.
That's not including splicing the wires.

-Droo