DML BBQ Convoy (was 92 Days)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 00:22:25 EDT

<snip>--------------

I'm planning on heading out on Friday morning the 25th from Detroit. Anyone
else planning on leaving / heading through the Detroit area on Friday? BTW,
the fact that I'm replying to a message that over a month old should give
you an idea of how far behind I am on DML mail

David Henry
94 CC Sport 4x4, 318, 5spd, Lifted on BFG 33" MT's

<end snip>_____________

well as things stand right now, now that I am working... I seriously
doubt if I will be in the convoy that will meet up with Adam. I have
not even asked my manager about getting time off. I'm going to wait
until teh first week in July, until I have been on the job a little
longer so as to give me a little more room to work with. I dont want
"You've only been with us a couple weeks and you want time off???" stuff.

I will be driving approximatly 800 miles from my new home. A total of
10-12 hours depending on traffic, Smokey Bear, and how much sleep I get.
The way I planned on this was to leave Chicago early Wed am. This would
allow for having an extra day (Thurs, fri, sat, leave sunday)

That aint gonna happen... I'm not going to be able to get 5 days off work.

I'm going to try and get 4 however. if I can get Thurs, Fri, Sat, Aun
free... what I will do is this... work Wed morning and try to leave as
soon as possible. If I can leave work by noon... that will get me to
jons sometime around 12-2 am Thursday morning. I will still be able to
get time in Thursday - - but I will have a much harder drive.

What will most likly happen will be I will only get Fri, sat and sunday
free... in which case - to make this worthwile for me at all - I'll have
to do the same deal. Drive all day Thursday after work and get in some
time early Fri am.

I'll know more the closer the BBQ gets. But I can say almost for sure I
will be driving alone.

Terrible Tom

*********COUNTDOWN (45) DAYS UNTIL M-DAY*********

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/