Re: Subject: Trading for a 2003 Ram 5.7 hemi maybe

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 16:07:40 EDT

> Jim Miller WB5OXQ wrote:
>
>> I considered that but the dealer says if i do the anitlock brakes wont
>> work
>> right, the transmission wont shift properly and i know the spedo and odo
>> will read wrong.

That I don't believe is true at all - sounds like a line of BS to me. A
235/75/15 tire will have the same outer outer diameter as a 235/75/16
tire. The compensation si done on the inner diameter for the rim size.

As long as you are buying the same rubber (235/75 - - 15 or 16 wheel
diameter shouldnt change anything. (I was using the 235/75/15 as an
example only -- I dont know what size comes on the Ram)

I could be wrong - but I honestly cant see the tranny, speedo, and ABS
working improperly because you changed rim sizes as long as the rubber
is the same outer diameter.

Terrible Tom

*********COUNTDOWN (44) DAYS UNTIL M-DAY*********

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/