Re: New Mods in...some of them ;)

From: kenallgood@cox.net
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 12:32:49 EDT

Hope you post some good numbers... The M1 intake, headers and 1.7 crower rockers only netted a .15 gain for me. However, I'm still losing some massive oil still, so it wasn't my belly pan gasket :( Think I need to get a compression check done next, wondering if my head gasket is blown. I'm losing probably close to a quart every fillup, which is about 1 quart a week for me. No drips on the ground and not blowing much smoke out the back (morning condensation is about it). Wondering if when I put it in the ditch in January it screwed something up.. *sigh* Time to send some more money to the wrench gods.

Oh Dave, got a guy down here you'll want a race, he schooled me BAAAAAD. Some beatup Pontiac Sunfire GT with a turbo on it. Says he runs about 100mph in the 1/4 with 17 boost (was running 14 boost on the street). Maybe I'll get Tim to come up here and show him what a real Dakota can do ;-)

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L