Re: RE: Checking for Vacuum Leaks

From: Mike (mclancey@ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 22:58:23 EDT

From: "Bernd D. Ratsch"

> A can of carb cleaner works pretty well (old trick too). Just lightly
> spray around any vacuum ports or manifold gasket area and watch the
> idle. If it fluctuates, there's a leak.

Thanks. I have inconsistant high idle ... sometimes it's fine humming along
below a grand ... sometimes it is revving like a demon ... I can't seem to
pick out the common circumstance that leads to this situation ... I'm
thinking vacuum leak or I fear I may have electrical gremlins ......

Nova Scotia Mike