Re: RE: Re: alternator question

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 15:43:40 EDT

why would you have to pay a core charge b/c you're changing amperages???
the only thing that would be different between the two would be the number
of windings in the rotor and stator. I think they might be trying to take
you on that one. You should still qualify to give yours back and get the
core.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Gabriel A. Couriel"" <BigGabe@fiufiji.com> wrote in message news:PFEPJALHADOCFMOEDDPOMEGFCAAA.BigGabe@FIUFIJI.com... > > thanks a lot josh... i called a shop to find out the price of a reman > factory unit. my only concern is that since i will be going from 90Amp to > 136Amp, i'll have to pay the core price. in that case, i would consider > getting the powermaster. however, on talking to my mechanic, he told me > there's nothing wrong with the alternator except for the noise, thus, i > might just keep this alternator for a while and upgrade when i get my > electric fan. > > Gabe Couriel > http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0 > > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net > [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Josh > Battles > Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 1:41 PM > To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > Subject: DML: Re: alternator question > > > > Gabe, I'd get the name brand one. I've always used either delco or > motorcraft alternators (i'm a ford/chevy convert) and have never had one > fail on me. I've found that if you go name brand you get the better quality > that will last. They warranty those alternators at poop boys forever b/c > they're crap. I went thru three 120A prostart ones in a month once - never > again. I don't know the quality of the mopar alternators, but I've not had > a single problem with mine and I've got quite the hefty stereo in my > truck.... > > -- > - Josh > Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L > > > ""Gabriel A. Couriel"" <BigGabe@fiufiji.com> wrote in message > news:PFEPJALHADOCFMOEDDPOAEGECAAA.BigGabe@FIUFIJI.com... > > > > it looks like i'll need to change out my alternator as the whinning noise > is > > getting annoying. i looked at powermaster alternators on summit, but they > > are over $400. i looked online, and found several from advanced auto > parts, > > including a Bosch reman alternator. the problem is that the Bosch doesn't > > have a lifetime warranty (only 1 year), and the other manufacturers that > > have the lifetime are unknowns (Worldwide or Prostart, from Pepboys). > > > > what recommendations do you all have for this problem? should i get the > > Bosch 136Amp (autolite also makes one, 120Amp but it says "w/ factory tow" > > which i don't have, will it make a difference?) or get the brand with the > > lifetime warranty? > > > > thanks a lot > > > > Gabe Couriel > > http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0 > > > > >