re:muffler for 5.9L

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 23:22:20 EDT

I put at Flowmaster 70 on my 5.9 Dakota to get the drone down when
cruising. It's one big muffler, but it does the job. I had a Magnaflow
but it was just too loud, especially when towing. If you are near Smyrna
Ga stop by Grands Muffler - they are good.
I also added a short extension to the tailpipe to get the noise away from
the body which helped a lot.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,180
thermostat,Flowkooler,K&N dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,Jacobs ign.
Tow pkg.

>Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:11:58 -0700
>From: balbrecht@iname.com
>Subject: DML: muffler for 5.9L
>
>I'm interested in a Flowmaster muffler for my Durango and I'm not sure if
I want a 40 series (#942542) or one of >the 50 series (#942552 and #52557).
I've had Blue Bottles on a previous V8 car and liked the drone but now I
>have a family and I'm worried the constant drone of a to free flowing
system will be hard to handle on long >trips where the kids like to watch
videos on our portable TV.
>Any thoughts, comments from folks on the list that may have tried a
Flowmaster 40 or 50 series and the interior >noise on long trips?