Re: Suspension - "the works"

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 15:31:14 EDT

""MAGNUM S/T"" <khoegen@charter.net> wrote in message
news:bcd84r$occ$1@bent.twistedbits.net...
> [...]
> C. urathane Bushings (how many, where, part number??)

Check with Energy suspension, they make a nice kit.

> D. 2/3 lowering kit (performance, not looks..so I assume Hotchkis, but
what
> exactly should I get. My plan is to go with 2" springs in the front and 3"
> leafs in the back and the swaybar...anything else I should add? I'm hoping
> to find a good eal out there as there are way cheaper ways to go....but I
> want to get the job done right and have a good ride when all is said and
> done. Everyone swears by Hotchkis, so I'm willing to take the hit in my
> wallet)

Hotchkis 1912F coils and 2806 leafs is what I've got...rides REALLY nice. I
would totally recommend that setup!

> E. Front and rear shocks (Type??Part Number??)

Hotchkis valved bilstein shocks, a little pricey but I hear that they're way
worth it. I'll be getting a set soon, hopefully.

> I MAY run into a snag as I have dual rear exiting exhaust, but I'm gonna
> stop by the shop on Monday and have them take a look at it. I really like
my
> exhaust and would hate to lose this setup to do the 2/3 drop.....so I'm
> crossing my fingers.

Should be ok, just be careful when backing into parking spots with a curb
behind, my exhaust scrapes the parking curbs.

> I'm dropping the truck off in 2 weeks, so if you have any tech info, part
> numbers, suggestions, I'm all ears (eyes)
>
> Thanks all
> Kevin

Here's a link to what mine looks like if you're interested to see what the
drop will look like on your 99...
http://www.geocities.com/lenny187/dakota.html

Hope this helps!!!

--