Project Research

From: RWP (randpark@-no-spam-pacbell.net)
Date: Sat Jun 14 2003 - 19:35:23 EDT

Just inherited a 92' Dakota 4WD Ext.Cab, 3.9L, Auto 4 w/ overdrive, 192,000
on very tired engine, tranny is BURNT out. I want to update engine and
tranny and get it on the road, Thinking about stock Reman engine and tranny
but I have the capital to go with a V8 swap with an appropriate auto trans
but do not know:
1.What I need as far as Transfer case and drivelines etc. Is it worth it?
2. Which V8/Trans/Transfer Case was stock in 92 and will it all just bolt
in?
3. What else will need to be changed? Exhaust,Computer, Intake etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
All my outgoing email is scanned by Norton AntiVirus.