Switchin rear to a posi

From: MAGNUM S/T (khoegen@charter.net)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 09:02:58 EDT

I have a 99 V6 2WD 5-Speed CC. Currently I don't have limited slip on my
truck, so I simply have my right rear wheel doin all the work...all the
time.

In an effort to spend this money bruning a hole in my pants :-), I'm toying
with the idea of changin out the rear for a posi. I've heard many people
joke about this, but can this be done? I know nothing about how I would go
about doing this, but from what I read and hear, a posi rear certainly
increases performance...and someone stated in a thread that the gas mileage
would increase??

I'd appreciated any feedback. I'm trying to do some research to learn more
about this. I don't know the potential cost or the pros and cons (other than
what I stated above). At this point, I don't even know exactly what tranny
and gears my Dak has....as I never really gave it a thought till now.

Thanks all,
Kevin
http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen