33 vs 34

From: Matt Tharp (henryrollins2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 22:18:05 EDT

Hello all,
   A quick question for all you lifted guys. I have a
2000 4x4 Dakota with the 17 x 9 RT wheels. I want to
put on a 3 inch body lift and run a set of 33 inch
tires. The only problem is that I am really cheap and
a set of 33's for a 17 rim is about 200 bucks a tire.
A little more then I want to spend. I know that BFG
make the tires for the H2 and they are right at 34
inchs tall. I looked them up and there about 120 bucks
a tire. That is alot of savings. I went out with a
tape measure and tired to guess how much room I would
have with a 3 inch lift and 34 tires. I think the only
point they would scrub is the front bumper. Could
someone with a PA three inch lift and 33's tell me how
much room is left and if you think adding 1/2 inch to
the overall dia would increase the scrubing.

Thanks
Matt Tharp

=====
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."

No one is worthless they can always be used as a bad example.