Seat belt latches

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 09:57:40 EDT

I got my '99 dakota seats in the truck and they look great. I really
like the fact that I got the charcoal color ones since they really go
well with the grey that was used in the Gen II daks. Making the brackets
to adapt the older seat tracks to the bottom of the seats was a little
tricky to make sure nothing rubbed but not too bad.

I figured since I was changing bucket seats I would go ahead and finally
change out the seat belt latches that go between the seat and the
console. The ones I have are for a bench seat and have a twist molded in
the plastic so they fit between the seat cushions. I figured I would
ask, does anyone on the list by chance have a set of the seat belt
latches for Gen II bucket seats in the grey color? Gen III latches may
work but I don't remember what the tongue looked like that inserted into
the latch.

On another note I also got my '03 console in but it sits a little weird
and is a little large for the hump on the drivers side in the front. Has
anybody ever built a filler to make a different console work? If so, any
input would be appreciated. I was thinking balsa wood or very dense
styrene that I could cover with matching carpet. It wouldn't be any more
than an inch or two depending on where on the hump it was. It will also
have to extend back under the middle of the console some to give a
little better support. Anyway any help you have let me know.

Jeff Durling