Re: Re: Re: Re: Figuring out a VIN#

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 00:06:47 EDT

"andy levy" <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:bcrc1v$sn1$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> scsilverdak wrote:
> > Here's a tip for those buying a new truck
> > as Josh found out...........
> >
> > NEVER use the dealership's financing deals!
> >
> > The finance company's that dealers use are RIP-OFFS!...
> >
> > They try to charge high interest rates.
> > some as much as 15%, AND HAVE MINIMUM finance amounts
> >
> > Try your local bank or better yet.....
> >
> > a CREDIT UNION!
> >
> > credit unions will finance almost any amount on a new vehicle at rates
of
> > 7-8.25 %!!
> >
> > I know, cause I learned the hard way!!
>
> My credit union was offering 5.75%
>
> The dealer hooked me up with less than 4%
>
> What was that you were saying?
>
> --
> -andy

Yeah...they were gonna give me a sweet rate on that $10k... I just didn't
want to finance it. I had the $19k for the truck in my account, I was going
to write a check... The only reason that I had a problem is because the
amount I wanted to finance was under the minimum finance amount for that
dealership and my age so I purchased the truck I went there to buy instead
of the R/T. I guess I should have clarified on that one.... I'm with Andy
though. With all the special deals that the dealerhips have going on for
financing, they're usually WAAAY under the rate a bank/CU can give you. I
work for a bank and less than 5% of our loans are for vehicles... (I ran the
report today for a user, that's the only reason that I know.)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L