Re: RoadMaster install on 4x4

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 09:45:26 EDT

Hey, Curt.

<snip> I was just out looking things over in preparation for installing a
 Roadmaster kit on my 2000 QC 4wd.... Can someone
 who has installed one of these on a 4x4 tell me whether the roadmaster
 axle bracket goes under or over that plate?...I'm guessing under, but I'd
like
to be sure before I get into it.<snip>

Good guess. Loosen the nuts on the shackle bolts almost all the way & slide
the OEM plate out. The Roadmaster shackle plate gets located over the top of
the center bosswhile keeping everything in line.... Then re-install the OEM
plate & torque the shackle bolt nut to 115lbs/ft...I did the pre-load
adjustment part by turning the spring by hand instead of using wrenches,
until I couldn't grab it tightly...
Finally got to test mine yesterday with a somewhat heavy load....It's GREAT!
The DAKSY held the roads nicely & cornered really well. I prolly had 300 lbs
in the back & normally I'd feel her trying to sway to the outer side of the
curve...NOT ANY MORE! She even rode nicely on the bumpy/windy back roads
closer to home. I'm glad I got mine & you should like yours...
Total install time was less than 2 hours, but I was in a maniacal
"work-on-the-DAKSY" mode & had tools already out...
Good luck!
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY