Gen II overhead console

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 16:40:17 EDT

If anyone has thought about doing this and not done it due to the
absence of the harness I am working around that right now. I have found
that everything you need to tap into is there just the harness is
different and lacking due to the fact of the console not existing. I
have followed all of the wiring out and so far it doesn't look too
difficult to install the console and wire it in. Looks like the only
expenses other than the console, are going to be a temp sensor for the
grill (may have to use a newer one), and the wiring with connectors.

BTW, the overhead console has provisions for an auto-dimming rear-view
mirror. I have one from a new Tahoe that looks like it will work
perfectly. I need to order some headliner material and once I do and get
the time to do this I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime if
anyone wants a little wiring help I can help out form what I found in
the FSM.

I may follow out the fog lights in the valance next for those who would
like to wire them in and have them work from the factory (turn off with
the high beams but not have extra wiring under the hood).

Remember, this is for a Gen II.

Jeff Durling