Re: DML BBQ 2003

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 21:52:50 EDT

Norah Bleazard wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Jason and I won't be able to show up to the BBQ until Thursday to help get
> things set up. As a friendly reminder to those interested in coming in
> early.... Thursday is usually the day for cleaning up the barn, shopping for
> food, and trail clearing. So anyone interested in coming down prior to
> Friday will definitely be put to work... muwahahahahaha. But seriously,
> this is Jon's home and he does work everyday. Every year he generously
> hosts this event and works like mad to get everything ready while still
> trying to do his daily thing. When we first organized this thing 5 years
> ago.. the only wheeling day was set for Saturday with Friday being the
> "trail clearing" day. With all of the excitement this event has stirred up
> over the years, Friday has turned into another "wheeling" day leaving
> Thursday as the prep day. So I'm going to take the bull by the horns, and
> recruit some assistance in prepping the event for the weekend. All those
> willing to help out with the work, please let Jon or myself know.

Excellent points, Norah, and I'll add one more. Coming early lets you
hang out with folks before the huge crowd arrives on Saturday, relax,
get to know one another, and have some "just us Dak folks" time (the
Jeepers come down for the day). It really makes the BBQ into a
vacation, for me anyway.

I wish I knew my true schedule right now. I am bringing a friend from
college (he'll be between work and law school and asked to "tag along")
and hopefully my fiancee, but I don't know her schedule. Plus I'll have
work committments (though now that Jon has cable, I could always use
remote access). I may end up coming down Wednesday night or Thursday
morning and then a trip back to Rochester and back to pick Marci up
Friday night or Saturday morning.

BTW Jon, I'll have a tent and Eric (the aforementioned friend) will
either have a tent or be occupying a sofa (or in the tent with me if
Marci doesn't come). Are tents OK on the landing strip? Not a lot of
flat ground up by the barn.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------