Re: DML BBQ 2003 - Paintball???

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 12:49:35 EDT

Well, then you are talking the difference between controlled feed and open feed. I like controlled feed, but IMHO it's overkill or overengineering for a marker gun. The one I "engineered up" was much simpler. Gravity feed, mash trigger, and tripod mount, and away I went. I had even "engineered" PC power supply fan guard as an aircraft style front sight....

>>> wallewelt@mai-aec.com 06/20/03 09:54AM >>>

Tippmann has what they call a powerfeed for their A5 paintball guns, I
wonder if you would be able to adapt it to your toy. It is deisgned for the
.68 cal balls.

Also you can use compressed air if you had to. the field that I shoot at
uses it and I've used it in my gun, (full auto capable, 13 rnds per sec),
pretty cool to shoot, and have had no problems. I've heard of guns out there
firing 26+ rnds per sec., way cool IMO.

I know that kingman USA has schematics of their markers(guns) on their
website, if you are trying to figure out a way to get it to work.
Remember that the markers fire the balls with the CO2 as well the forward
movement of the venturi bolt, so its not just the air that propels the
balls.

Wayne
01 QC Sport 4x4 V8

----- Original Message ----- > Um, for full auto, it's not that hard. I had
adapted a broken suction feed sandblaster as the trigger, in the same
position as on a M2. I had the firing mech worked out, I just had problems
with the feed. I could get the little [.40] paintballs to feed, but the
standard size [.68] ones I couldn't feed to save my life. Gravity feed
worked, but I got the .40 caliber ones to work on a bastardized suction feed
using a broken suction feed sandblaster as my basis. The problem with the
.40 paintballs is they are soooo much more expensive than the big ones...
and they move a bit faster, too. ;-)