Re: OT but NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 13:02:48 EDT

Do not Quit, do not quit, DO NOT QUIT!!!
Make them lay you off. Here, if you voluntarily give up your job, it puts a crimp in your eligibility for unemployment. Bitch up a storm, talk to your local labor relations board about unfair wage practices, but never even *say* you "should quit" Bitch some more. Run it completely up the flagpole to the top of the corporation but be professional, and put your concerns in writing. Try not to piss anybody off too badly (you may want to be re-hired at a later date). Use the fact that you are about to be unemployed as a sympathy card to the higher ups (it won't work on the bean counters). Maintain a positive attitude, and did I mention acting professionally? Good luck.

>>> talthoff@yllwdkta.com 06/20/03 10:07AM >>>

what do you guys think...First off I have been laid off and my last day is Friday the 27, next week. Last week they sent out a memo to ALL ASSOCIATES that we will receive a raise on our next paycheck and it is retroactive to Jan 1st. Today was payday and I didn't get a raise! I ask the controller and they said that you have to be here for a year to qualify for the raise, I've been here for 10 months. The memo doesn't say anything about qualifications for the raise. Now I am waiting for a meeting with the VP to find out why, keep in mine that they never gave me a employ book or anything else. Do you think it is ok to walk out if he doesn't give me the raise?

If I quite would I be eligible for unemployment.

Tim Althoff
www.yllwdkta.com