RE: Brake Fluid Color

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 11:10:59 EDT

Nothing to get too concerned over...

Brake fluid will get darker when heated up, old/dirty, or contaminated.
You can remove the old fluid from the reservoir with a turkey baster
(works well...just don't drip on the paint) and refill with new fluid.
Bleed the brakes manually to get the old fluid out of the system and
you'll be fine - don't forget to check the reservoir while bleeding the
brakes.

- Bernd