Re: Brake Fluid Color

From: Jim Miller WB5OXQ (wb5oxq@grandecom.net)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 10:08:20 EDT

Brake fluid turns dark with time perhapps due to being contaminated by
contact with the rubber parts in the system but this seems normal and I have
never seen this cause a problem. also brake fluid is not consumed in use
and only needs to be refilled if you have a leak, unlike engine oil which
can be consumed. If the level goes down you may have a leak.