Re: 2000 SY R/T

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 03:17:38 EDT

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:17:40 -0400, BigGabe@fiufiji.com ("Gabriel A.
Couriel") wrote:

>i'm still a little skeptical about the whole drop-in liner debate. my
>duraliner has been in the back of my truck since December 1997, and when i
>looked underneath it the other day, it looked great. there were a couple of
>scuffs, but nowhere near rusting. i'll take pix of it when i'm back on my
>feet (had surgery on my ankle on Friday... the doctor found a lot of
>arthritis, so it hurts a little today).

I think it depends a lot on the particular truck and installation. In
just over 2 years, I'd say close to 20% of the paint on the bed of my
truck was either gone or *severely* scuffed. The drop-in (also a
Duraliner) always seemed a bit loose to me, even though all of the
"clamps" in the side were tight.

No rusting, of course -- I suspect it'd take a number of years before
that'd become any sort of a problem. (Particularly where I live
[Northern California] where it only rains from October until April)

-Bill