Re: Tire Size

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 00:32:50 EDT

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:46:44 -0400, awyse@sw.rr.com ("Aaron Wyse")
wrote:

>I just checked at Sam's Club.. It's not the original BFG AT.. But they have
>the newer Long Trail TAs' for $93.48 each (for the size you wanted).
>I had them on my last Dak and they was very happy with them.

I've heard good things about the Long Trails. I believe that's what
Toyota is using as stock on most of their trucks, at least 4x4 models.

I like the Rugged Trail a bit better (the tread pattern looks a bit
more effective at gripping in the mud than the standard long trail).
If you take a look at the BFG website (www.bfgoodrichtires.com),
they've got a comparison option where you can compare any of their
tires based on treadwear, wet traction, quiet ride, handling, winter
traction, and mud traction. The user comments at Tirerack are also an
excellent place to check.

-Bill