Too rich?

From: Michael Clark (dml@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 02:33:01 EDT

Ok, I'm getting a code 52 which means: "A rich
air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally
lean correction factor". Now -assuming the o2 sensor
is fine- what could cause this? Where should I start
looking for problems. On cold startup it's very rich,
I can smell it and it sounds like it has the biggest
cam that will physically fit inside the engine. (I
really need to record some sounds for you guys, sounds
freakin' awesome). A minute later it will mellow out
and run fine. (Actually even when cold it will run
fine, just the idle is unbelievable, it will rattle
the change in my center console!)

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com