Re: Too rich?

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 16:56:44 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/2003 4:00:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dml@mikesdakota.com writes:

> >Ok, I'm getting a code 52 which means: "A rich
> >air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally
> >lean correction factor". Now -assuming the o2 sensor
> >is fine- what could cause this? Where should I start
> >looking for problems. On cold startup it's very rich,
> >I can smell it and it sounds like it has the biggest
> >cam that will physically fit inside the engine. (I
> >really need to record some sounds for you guys, sounds
> >freakin' awesome). A minute later it will mellow out
> >and run fine. (Actually even when cold it will run
> >fine, just the idle is unbelievable, it will rattle
> >the change in my center console!)
>

> >--Mike
> >www.mikesdakota.com
>
> C'mon, I can't believe NO one has any suggestions for
> me (besides pulling the light bulb from the dash).
>

> --Mike
> www.mikesdakota.com

Mike-
Did you read the posts about my code 52? I have the same problem but I know
my O2 sensor is good so the computer is trying to compensate for an overly
rich condition but it's too for off the scale for it to be ajusted by the PCM.
When I reset my PCM the code goes away for 200 miles and comes back. The funny
thing is that it runs fine till the code pops up, THEN it starts
hesitation.Things that have been suggested to me are bad injectors and fuel sync not
properly set.
James