RE: What's this wire?

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 08:46:06 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: On Behalf Of andy levy
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 10:02 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: What's this wire?

Andy, All of the brake controllers that I have seen need four connections:

12 VDC input, also called fused B+
Brake lamp input
Trailer brake output
Ground

It's unlikely that two wires are all that a brake controller needs.
Sounds like it's time for a new FSM.

Trailers without brakes need:

Left turn
Right turn
Tail light
Ground

Adding electric brakes:

Trailer brake controller output
A relay driven tail/marker connection in place of one that is hard wired
The rear connector also includes a separate, fused 12 VDC source and back-up
lamp feed.

I have a wire dangling from under my dashboard near my parking brake
release. Actually 2 wires, one is red/white the other black, with a
connector on the end. I have no idea where it goes to.

Might this mystery wire connect to this harness or a brake controller?
It is somewhat near the brake pedal.