Re: DML BBQ 2003

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 11:58:26 EDT

andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Conrad J. Koch wrote:
:> How's about a web broadcast of the festivities, for those of us who
:> won't be able to make it to the pit?
:>
:> Shoot, run a long enough cable to the AP and you could even get in-truck
:> footage from a laptop in the cockpit... ;)

: We went around on this back in the winter. To do it would be
: technically difficult and not inexpensive. Jon does have 2 X10 cameras
: in the barn that he uses to pump out a picture once a minute of the
: activities there, but that's not where the real action is. And we have
: in the past fed the videotapes through that at night while
: reviewing/dubbing them.

    Yep, now that I have a wireless network, I suppose I could
technically buy another wireless card, do a pringles can antenna and
put a camera down there but then I'd have to put a PC down there too
which means either run a generator constantly or run a LONG extension
cord - so although it is getting closer to the realm of possibility,
its just not gonna happen anytime soon. :-)

  What I think would be cool is a GPS receiver in each truck along
with some sort of transmitter - you can go to a web page showing
the BBQ map (overlaid on an aerial photo) and watch the little
blips move around the forest. :-) Who knows - check back in 10
years. ;-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'