Re: BFG A/T's Stink WAS Re: Tire Size

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 23:21:45 EDT

> BFG All-Terrains suck. They are extremely overrated especially when you
> consider how much they sell for. They are lousy in the snow - the lugs fill
> up so
> fast you might as well be running slicks. They're loud, even for an
> all-terrain. I bought them for my '02 and I've had them on for 18,000
> miles. I'll
> never buy another set.
>
> The only thing I can figure is that people spend so much for them, they
> don't
> want to admit in public that they suck. I'm usually not this one-sided on
> something but these tires have been a real disappointment. I'm going back
> Yokohama's or Bridgestone's next time for all terrain tires.

The only prob I have with the BFG's is that for the $$ I paid, I really wish
they would last longer. No noise complaints on mine, just barely more than the
RT/S, but my psi is set at 40. I predict I'll get 35-40k miles out of them.
My Dueler A/T's on my old '97 CC (granted it was a 2wd V6) had 50k miles on
them and had about 5-10k more miles left on them. I think I'm going to go back to
the Dueler A/T Revos next time, and they're alot cheaper as well, something
like $40 each on the Tire Rack's site

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca '01 Dakota Quad Cab SLT+ 4.7L 4x4 "Silver
Streak" '66 Olds F-85 330 V-8, Intense Blue "Project Olds" Will Be Finished
Sometime This Millenium!!