BFG A/T's Stink WAS Re: Tire Size

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 12:31:17 EDT

Wow, Bill. My snow experience was just the opposite. I have noticed that mine fling snow almost like you would expect from a mud tire. I just set mine at about 30 psi and go to it... The only "problem" I have had in snow was if I stand on it, i can dig a pretty awesome hole with very little effort....

>>> B1LLYW@aol.com 06/22/03 09:07PM >>>
BFG All-Terrains suck. They are extremely overrated especially when you
consider how much they sell for. They are lousy in the snow - the lugs fill up so
fast you might as well be running slicks. They're loud, even for an
all-terrain. I bought them for my '02 and I've had them on for 18,000 miles. I'll
never buy another set.

The only thing I can figure is that people spend so much for them, they don't
want to admit in public that they suck. I'm usually not this one-sided on
something but these tires have been a real disappointment. I'm going back to
Yokohama's or Bridgestone's next time for all terrain tires.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD