Re: RE: exhaust

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 09:37:00 EDT

On Monday, June 23, 2003, at 02:56 PM, John_Neff@Dell.com wrote:

> I've been running the Gibson single 3" side exit stainless cat back on
> my
> '98 4X4 CC 5.2 for the past few years and I'm very happy with it. It
> has a
> 2.5" inlet with 3" exit muffler. [...]
>
> I'm running the Positive Performance (Mopar) headers as well and they
> too
> have been great. [...] Bottom end wasn't affected on my
> truck, though many others have stated differently. These headers come
> with a
> new Y-pipe.

any reason in particular you went with the mopar headers? I haven't
checked but I'd just expect them to be significantly more expensive
than other options.

also, being a bit ignorant about exhaust, why would you want to have a
larger outlet (than inlet) on the muffler? I'd expect most of the
restriction would be at the end of the Y pipe, so there wouldn't be too
much gain from getting bigger anywhere later in the system.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech