Re: Suspension help

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 00:06:30 EDT

Having just been involved in a full independant suspension on a street rod
El Camino let me say this. If there isn't a kit avail. out there to do the
rear suspension realize that this will make the cost of the projuect go up
significantly. Not saying you don't know this but custom suspension setups
can cost every bit what it costs to drop a custom engine in a vehicle. If
you are going to drive it on the street as at least a semi daily driver I
would recommned building up the current solid axle setup. Otherwise, the
custom setup helps win trophies in the shows.

we had the work done, but grafting a full '88 'vett suspension onto an '87
El Camino and dropping an LS1 in it was no simple task to say the least. I
will say that now that it is done, WOW! It's a great handling and fairly
fast car with just a stock LS1 for the most part. Engine mods to commence
soon.

Jeff Durling