Re: Dakota / Durango door panel difference

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 00:00:28 EDT

On Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003, at 16:35 America/New_York, Ron Sobers wrote:

> Okay today I bit the bullet and hit a few yards for my power rear
> quarter window project. I purchased a 98 Durango window switch
> assembly, and door wiring harness. Went down the road a few miles, and
> grabbed the rear power motors out of a '97 Minivan. Got home, and
> realized that the Durango window switch is a bit wider, and taller
> than the Dakota. If not, I need to find another one out of a Dakota -
> so that I can hack it up to fit the switch (I want to work with an
> extra instead of messing up my one and only door panel)

So I'm not the only one working on this? I've got the motors but need
the armetures, and I got the wrong switch (I swore a friend's 97 or so
caravan had the door lock in the window switch, but it doesn't). I'm
glad I didn't order one up for a D yet. I still need the door wiring
harness, too.

how are you planning to wire? My thought is to run the switched wires
to a pair of double pole double throw relays to switch the motors.

how much too big is the door switch? since I don't have any decent
junkyards around here, if you go digging would you mind looking for a
few things to drop in the mail to me?

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech