Re: Code 52 Returned!!

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 06:04:23 EDT

James,
      Going to the OBD II web site and punching in your code 52 this is
what they say the code means:

Open or shorted condition detected in the speed control servo power control
circ

Question, does your truck have cruise control? The problem may therein. If
so, the cruise control servo is , I think, mounted on the firewall,
passengers side, directly aft of the valve cover. You can try to follow the
cruise cable from the TB back and it will lead you directly to the servo.
Maybe try unplugging the servo and see if the code clears. I don't know
what else to tell you to check, I can only tell you what OBD II says the
code means. Unfortunately, I'm at work and my FSM is at home so I can;t
look it up for you right now. I trust auto zone to give me a good read out
on what codes my PCM is throwing, but I'm not too sure about their
equipment's ability to correctly interpret the codes.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE