Re: Re: Re: Possible Group Buy

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 20:05:28 EDT

Well, if you completly remove the egr valve all together yes it will trip
the check engine light. However, you can remove the egr valve from the
intake manifold and install a block off plate. On the exhaust manifolds you
can either install non egr headers or just slap a block off plate on the
exhaust manifold. As long as the egr valve is still connected to the pcm
via its wiring, the pcm stays happy. It doesnt know its not actually doing
anything.

On a side note, I doubt your 92 will see much gain from switching to a set
of headers. The 92/93 trucks had factory high output manifolds. I suspect
they flow very closely to that of the jba headers. However the headers do
look 10x better. really clean up the engine compartment.

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid