RE: RE: Re: V8 TB

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 10:26:56 EDT

Several things come to mind here.... I'm using the M1 intake manifold with a
stock '96+ TB, and there is no clearance problem. Can't say if there would
have been with the stock intake manifold. However, when I tried an F&B TB
last year, it's linkage did hit the rail (on the M1) but it's not the
factory linkage. Is it possible your quick D didn't have the stock linkage
or that the bottom of the TB had been milled slightly? Would double
gaskets have given you enough clearance?

RayB