Re: Slipping LSD

From: Robert Schultz (robert_schultz@remove.canada.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 12:51:53 EDT

"KenCo" <ken@kencofish.com> wrote in message
news:3EF2344D.24088D75@kencofish.com...

> BARRY OLIVER wrote:
> >
> > How big of a deal is a slipping limited slip to swap? I have an Xtended
warranty, but I am afraid they won't want to swap it if it's marginal or
barely within spec. I am thinking if they tell me no, of just buying a new
one and doing it myself, but I dunno...

> did you change the gear oil and add the
> "friction modifier"??

The dealer just did mine a few weeks ago under the extended warranty (at
60,000 miles of my 100,000 mile warranty). They said they've done a couple.
One was actually broken and mine was just worn parts. I could get both tires
spinning on gravels, but in the mud only would would go.

They replaced all the bearings at the same time. Told me their cost was
$1500 CDN and retail would have been around $1900.

Rob S.