Re: Are there parts available for a stroker rebuild?

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 00:06:59 EDT

""RWP"" <randpark@-no-spam-pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:bdgacq$3j8$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> Question 1: Are there parts are available for a stroker rebuild of a stock
> 3.9L Magnum V-6?

As Mike said, strokerkits.com has 'em. They are (to put it in the
vernacular,) BIG BLING. It would be cool to have a 4.9L V6, though.

> Question 2: Can it be done with existing stock parts from other Dodge
> Engines?

You could theoretically use 318 pistons since it's the same engine with a
couple bores lopped off... although probably not, as the skirt might have to
be different. The kit that Mike listed is very complete, it has the billet
crank, H-beam rods, .030" (I think) Forged pistons, rings, and all bearings.