Re: Rancho Remote

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 09:42:34 EDT

On Friday, Jun 27, 2003, at 01:26 America/New_York, Mallett, Donald B
wrote:

> I do have two temp sensors in mine. I have a full [write] up on my web
> site.
> One is in the pipe head to the cooler and the other in the return
> pipe. With
> the heavy duty cooler and that one mounted in the radiator I get 20 to
> 35deg. drop in fluid temp. in normal usage.

any particular reason you went with sensors on the hot and cold sides?
seems redundant to me since there never should be a big difference
between the two... just wanting to keep an eye out for a broken line?

> About the leaking with the shocks, I had the same thing with the
> seating of
> the o-rings. If the newer 9000 series is like the older 9000s. It took
> little playing around to get them to seal. First I mounted the fitting
> the shock bodies. Then if I remember right, you need to push the
> o-ring onto
> the tubing about 1/2 inch, re-grease it, then push the hose into the
> fitting
> and then bring the "nut" part down and tighten.

I'm not having any trouble at all with the hose fittings leaking, aside
from the two that had wrinkled o-rings (and whatever the slow leak is).
  I'm having trouble with the fitting not sealing against that one shock
body. when I took it off and re-greased the o-ring, it held pressure
to about 4 before it blew, and now it leaks immediately. The fitting
looks okay, so I need to pull off the shock and see if there's some
foreign something in there or a bur or what. those are this afternoon's
projects.

> go to a hardware store or auto parts place and pick up
> 2 or 3 couplers for that size hose and keep them in the glove box or on
> board tool box

I was pretty surprised that they didn't include any in the kit. what
sort of fittings did you find? something similar to what rancho uses?
I've never seen tiny air line fittings laying around any stores, but I
haven't looked yet. I do have the luxury of waiting to worry about
springing leaks until after it stops leaking without my help =)

the only place I'm worried about the hose is where I ran it across the
front of the truck. everywhere else it's very well protected, but ya
never know, I suppose. how has yours gotten nicked?

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech