RE: Rancho Remote

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 01:26:42 EDT

I do have two temp sensors in mine. I have a full Wright up on my web site.
One is in the pipe head to the cooler and the other in the return pipe. With
the heavy duty cooler and that one mounted in the radiator I get 20 to
35deg. drop in fluid temp.in normal usage.

About the leaking with the shocks, I had the same thing with the seating of
the o-rings. If the newer 9000 series is like the older 9000s. It took a
little playing around to get them to seal. First I mounted the fitting to
the shock bodies. Then if I remember right, you need to push the o-ring onto
the tubing about 1/2 inch, re-grease it, then push the hose into the fitting
and then bring the "nut" part down and tighten.

Good Luck.

Word of advise here, Go to a hardware store or auto parts place and pick up
2 or 3 couplers for that size hose and keep them in the glove box or on
board tool box. You never know! Yes I'm speaking from experience here ;-p

>and is it really true that no one here has anything to say about tranny
>temp sensors? am I an odd man out here with a slushbox, or does no one
>care how hot they're getting their tranny towing or doing doughnuts in
>the mud or throwing roosters on the beach?

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://www.mallettservices.com/y2kota.html
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm